Women's Self-Defense Course Reservation
The Women's Self-Defense Course will be held in the Aerobics Room (A118) at Lone Star College - Montgomery on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 from 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
There are only 49 spots left so register soon!
The course, normally priced at $65, will be discounted to $25, with all proceeds going toward scholarships for students as part of the college’s Healthier U initiative.
Please make your payment by following the intructions on the payment form after reserving your spot on the online form below:
https://lsckine.com/womens-self-defense/Self-Defense payment form-April 2014
“With the holiday season upon us, this course can help give security and peace of mind in knowing that you can dramatically increase the chances of surviving/avoiding a violent attack,” said Tim Mousel, kinesiology instructor at LSC-Montgomery and member of the college’s Healthier U committee. “The ability to protect yourself, your friends and family from dangerous situations is priceless.”
This self-defense course will cover the following:
• Defense against the most common strikes
• How to escape the most common grabs and holds
• Extensive training about survival on the ground
• Strategies to trick your attacker
• How to avoid a violent confrontation
• Imagine a 200 pound attacker pinning you on your back…learn how to escape safely
• Learn to disable your attacker by utilizing your strengths against the attacker’s weaknesses.